Sunday, September 25, 2011

Whoa! A Whole Lot of Change Going On...

Change!

So this weekend I had a lot going on...

I started it early on Thursday with a diagnosis of Strep throat.... Owww...Tis the season...

I had Mina coming for the weekend so I asked the doctor if I could still have her here. The doctor said I could but I needed to start anti-biotics right away, along with a discussion of why I need to wear a mask at work all the time, and around the grandchildren when they are sick. So I picked up the prescription and took it.

I was knocked for a loop.
I couldn't stay awake!  I called the doctors office back. Oh, they said, "whoops! we should have mentioned it is a heavy dose of anti-biotics". "You're going to want to sleep a lot".

"Ummm, sleeping a lot does not work with a four year old..." I said. "Oh, we didn't think about that!" they said. Getting older and having all these colds and viruses throws me for a loop. And has been an unpleasant change for me.

Okay, so it's been a little bit of a challenge.
But I think it's also turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

You see we had planned to go to the museum with Mina and to see the butterflies. And a bunch of other things. But we could tell right away something was different. She was anxious about, well, just about everything. When we were getting ready to go to the play ground, She worried about everything, were we sure we knew how to get there, what happens if she gets lost? What if there were big kids there playing? She had never been this way before and Andy and I were a little taken aback.
What was going on?

We suddenly remembered that she had just started school, With all the reminders from her teacher about not getting lost and checking and rechecking on every activity. Not to mention her first time being on the bus and away from home every day. Her mom and aunt had been the same way for the first few months after they first started school.

A time of change for both of us...

So, we decided to take it easy and pull back and do what both my body  and  Mina's little body and mind needed. Rest and cuddle, spend time quietly and peacefully. And it's been so nice.

Because we opened our mind to the reality of a whole lot of change going on.
All around us.
The new school year, our changing world, my aging body, and mother nature herself.

I think mother nature has it right, A cooler world to help us remember to cuddle, beauty in the plants all around us. Beauty so amazing that makes us stop in our tracks and just stand in awe!

So we are cuddling and watching a movie, allowing our bodies and minds to adapt to the changes all around us and do what nature has been trying to teach all along.

Stop and adapt, become strong for the next season in life.

Because there is a whole lot of change going on.




No comments:

Post a Comment