Thursday, September 8, 2011

What is that smell?

Angry Beavers cartoon
"Hmmm. What is that smell?" one cashier asks the other. "it's like oranges and spice".
Now I know you are all going to really think I am crazy. 

I wear my jeans two times before I wash them, unless something has physically gotten on them. Yesterday I cleaned at church, and something physically got on them but I am not washing them till tonight. Somehow some fragrance oil from our air freshners got on my pants.

It smells great! I have been walking around enjoying the way I smell. Hee Hee.

This is not the first time I have discovered this weird quality about myself. A couple of winter's ago I had purchased a snowman pin from AVON that had little bells on it. I had pinned it to my winter coat and as I walked around the village one day I kept hearing the sweetest little bells, and I asked everybody. "Do you hear those bells?" "Where do you think they are coming from?" Until I stopped at the fire hall to tie my shoe and realized it was me! The pin! I thought those little bells were decorations only, but no, out of them came the sweetest sound. I walked around the rest of that winter so happy that the bell sound was me...

I found a USB adapter at the dollar store a few years ago that opens and retracts like a measuring tape, my husband said "it's too cheap it will never work!" Well it does, and we use it a lot! I keep it in my camera bag and it is wonderful because I can hook up my camera pretty much everywhere. 

Little things like this give me a thrill! I love them! They remind me to cherish the little things. Sure all those big things like, TV's,  Cars, you name it, are good. But with them comes expense , repairs, and eventually replacement.  

But it's the little strange funny things, that cost little or nothing, that usually bring us JOY!

This one is short and sweet. I hope you find a little something tht brings you JOY this week.

I am going to walk around and enjoy my spicy sweet orangey smell. Hmmmm... I smell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment