Thursday, September 1, 2011

Dreams...

Heaven's Gate by Laurie A. Blair
"In seeking Heavens gate, we sometimes forget, it can be as simple as opening the door..."

Did you ever have a place that was just "HOME" ?

You know, that place, that calls to you, makes you want to leave your everyday 9-5 things and just go there?

You may have only been there once, or you go there everyday. But, the smell and feel of the air are like perfume to your soul! Your heart leaps at the beauty of it. It could be a mud hole or a pristine forest. Doesn't matter...
You can't wait to get there and you never want to leave!

Vermont is that place for me. I can probably count the times I have been there on two hands. But I dream of it when I not there . I see it in my minds eye all the time. It has taken root in my soul. Oh I have a home here but it is more of a shelter. But I wonder...

This week with all the disasters up and down the East coast from hurricane Irene, I have been thinking about home a lot. What it means...

I can't help feeling the loss of that person on the news that lost their home to the flooding or the winds. The tears on their faces. That broken look, that lost soul.

I am so happy when people are found who made it through with barley a scratch!

But my heart keeps going back to the ones who lost so much...

Then even when we are done with the disasters. this year with the economy and the growing number of homeless families...

The people in Somalia... So many lost souls. We have to find a way to do as much as we can.

HOME...

I hope we can all find a way to help these souls. I have been searching on line for places that will be providing aid.. Your local Red Cross is probably one of the best. Many Fire and Ambulance companies from local areas went out to help. I am sure they could use donations too. The world news organizations are providing links to help feed the children in Somalia. Not to mention your local food pantries.  I hope you can all find a way help.
And, if you are in need, I hope you can find your way to help!

I am looking to do what I can. I know many others who are too.

I hope your home is safe and sound, a peaceful haven. All that you dream of and more.

Let's all do what we can to bring everyone HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment