Friday, September 9, 2011

Doink!

Wile E. Coyote

Now I was a very shy quiet kid, scared of the world. But I loved to laugh.

And apparently I had a weird sense of humor as well.
The Epic tales of diarrhea baby (don't ask!) finally let my sisters and brother in on it. Although they did love those stories?

I loved to watch old movies and comedy's. I  really got them!

Looney Tunes Wow!
They were like manna from Heaven for me! One of my best memories is watching the road runner cartoons with my dad on Saturday mornings. Oh I know they were silly, and always ended the same. But that was what made them great! That every time, even when he probably knew it was going to happen, he just kept jumping into that situation with that road runner. SPLAT! Kind of like a girl who falls a lot? Hmmm. LOL!

Last year Andy got me some Looney tunes DVD's to share with the grandkids . The first time I put it in Mina loved it. Usually she tells me, " I don't like this one grandma!" and picks an old tried and true movie. But this times she sat still and watched her face lighted up and she laughed at all the right parts! Wiley Coyote standing there in mid air with that little broken umbrella saying "mother... She busted out laughing and ran to the middle of the floor and said "grandma he is soo funny"! " He said," "mother .."(in the exact tone of the character) "and fell just like this," and she made the cartoon noise and said "SPLAT!" I hugged her so tight. "you had grandma at "mother..." I said. "you had me at," "mother..."

So now when she comes over we watch them before grandpa comes home at night and we laugh and laugh. She and I make all the funny sounds, woo hoo, woo hoo, Zing , Zonk, Doink! And sing along with Bugs. And we laugh hysterically as Bugs rides down the mountain to Elmer Fudd dressed as a viking maiden on the fattest white horse you ever saw, as great opera music swells in the background!

These characters got me through many sad times. Made many happy times even better.

I think in the next day or so there will be many sad things to remember.

Many of the people who spoke with their family members, in those towers and on those planes, before they died on 9/11 were told to remember, to live their lives. That it is the best legacy of all. Life must go on!

I believe that with all my heart... So I will be watching all the ceremony's and remembrances like many of you. Steadfast and true.

And at the end of the day I will take out those DVD's, find my funny bone and laugh.

Because life must go on! We must find the Joy and show the world that Americans are going on. We do not live in fear!

"Pow right in the kisser!"
Take that Osama!

No comments:

Post a Comment