Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Grandma!!!

Asteroid Andy by Hallmark

Today was a long day... I have Mina my 4 year old granddaughter. She is the love and light of my life.
Today however I think her goal was to test every nerve in my body. Oh she fought me on every front.

"Grandma I don't like spoons, fingers are better!"
Not with noodles they are not!

"Grandma I want to stay at the playground forever!!!!"
But we have been here over an hour and you need lunch and sunscreen! And a nap!
"I don't like naps!!!" Screaming!
you have to understand she woke up at 5am! She cried all the way home.

Her final warning when I told her we were going to the store later was...
"Grandma if you go past that ice cream aisle again, I will just cry and cry!"
Whoa! Thanks for the head's up!

After her non- existent nap (2 hours her screaming out "I don't want to take a NAP!!").
I sat down at the computer with her and we decided to look for something fun to do.
This is where  Asteroid Andy comes in,http://www.hallmark.com/online/asteroid-andy/  If you have a kid, or are just a kid at heart go there and check it out. As she sat on my lap and we watched the Asteroid Andy shorts together. we giggled and laughed. We talked about things. We hugged and made each other feel better about what comes down to just one, sort of crummy day.

The final short we watched was called "Ice Cream Race" It has Asteroid Andy and his friend trying to have an ice cream race, but they keep getting horrible ice cream headaches. " quips like "what is this flavor, pain?" keep you laughing, and then finally as Asteroid Andy passes out from the pain, up flashes on the screen. "Nobody wins in an Ice cream race..."  I laughed so hard!

Today was an "Ice Cream Race" for Mina and I. LOL!!!
That's okay, There will be better days.
Like she told her grandpa when he got home and we got ready to go to the store.

"You know what grandpa?" "Nobody wins in an ice cream race." "So we're just not going down that aisle."



1 comment:

  1. Just adorable! Grandparenting is just the greatest job, huh?!?!?! Asteroid Andy and his mom are just the bestest! Thanks for sharing this story Laurie... got here via Asteroid Andy's FB page.
    Becki

    ReplyDelete