Sunday, September 4, 2011

She just loves being a mom....

Chandra and Ellie just moments after Ellie's birth
This is my Chandra,  She and her twin sister Sara are both mommy's.
Chandra and Ellie, Sara and Mina
They are both good mom's. I am so proud of them both!

I feel so blessed that they allow me to share their children and their lives. It's a really special gift...

But Chandie, has something I understand. Something that, I think, has taken her by surprise. Because it is so much more than she ever thought it would be. She really, really loves being a mom.

She calls me everyday after she gets out of work on her way to get Ellie from daycare. She cannot wait! She is so excited! She shares little bits and pieces of the day before so that I always feel like I am a part of my grandbaby Ellie's life. If she has concerns she'll talk to me about them. She loves advice and cherishes having resources that she can garner it from. She wants to savor every experience, every moment of her journey in her life with her child.

She loves her job too and is really good at it! But would love to stay home with Ellie and be a full time mom. She knows in the world we now live in that she will probably not be able to do that. She would love to have another baby so Ellie can have a brother or sister. But then daycare would be so costly she would be paying to work.

She looks for ways in everyday things to make the most of all her time with Ellie. I remember when she first brought Ellie home , a month premature, with complications from the spinal they gave her during delivery. She dragged her self around and would not go back to emergency even when the pain was ghastly. She was not going to miss one minute of being Ellie's mom. Her sister Sara and I had to convince her that it was for Ellie's sake too that she go get help. She just loves being a mom!

Now that does not mean she woke up and knew everything about what being a good mom is. There are no naturals. No, She reads a lot at night, when she could be resting from a long day at work,about what to expect in the upcoming stages of Ellie's development, She asks for help when she needs it. She looks for ways to make sure that everyday she is helping Ellie find her way in this world joyfully. She is not wishy washy and has a sure mind about things when she has decided on her path. And I see  Chandie's love shining out through Ellie. She is so calm, and secure. Sure of her mommy and daddy's love. Sure her mom will be there with her as she explores her world.

I have to be honest Chandra was my frenetic child. I never saw her as being this way. But she is! And she astounds me!

I wish it was an easier world for our mom's, and Dad's out there. I worry for our children's future. I see what a difference the time that  Chandra spends with Ellie everyday makes. And  I wonder how much even more wonderful that life could be if she could be there everyday, all the time.

Because she really, really loves being a mom!

So if you know a mom or dad , give them a pat on the back, a hug, an "Atta boy!" They are raising our future and it isn't easy. Encourage them as much as you can so that they can love being a parent too....
Gotta go, my phones ringing, Oh Yay! It's Chandra!


No comments:

Post a Comment