Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rainbows!

Grown up crayons!
Red and yellow, and pink and green. Purple and orange and blue... ♪ ♫♪ I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, I bet you can too! ♫♪♫♫

I love crayons!

They are really like being able to hold a rainbow in your hands! The smell when you open a new box, the crisp sharp edges of the untouched crayons....Mmmmm....

My favorite episode of Mr. Roger's neighborhood? The one where he takes you to see crayons made at the factory! All the colors and tons of crayons.

Know the restaurants where they have paper tablecloths and they put crayons down for your kids, yeah well, I'm the kid!

Although I don't like it when parents let their kids color on the wooden pews at church. Give them some paper please! But "WD-40" does a great job of getting it off. "Goo Be Gone" works too.

I bring crayons with me to the doctors office to draw on the paper on the examination table. My doctor loves it! So do the nurses for that matter.

I think people would be a lot happier if they brought crayons with them where ever they go. Stuck waiting at the airport, in a meeting, riding the bus home from work...No problem. You have crayons! Woo Hoo!

Leave a box of 8 on a table, or give one to a kid sitting bored while mom fills out paperwork at the doctor's office You will love the smiles!

I love Crayola! They have so many cool things now. They even have adult crayons! Yipee!

Their website  http://www.crayola.com/ is awesome!
It has all sorts of cool stuff you can do! Or as we grownups would say, "It has a lot of excellent resources for kids". There are coloring pages, games, experiments. And an on-line store where you can purchase delightful stuff without fear that your friend / co- worker, Ben from the next cubicle over at work, will see you buying crayons. Teachers, they actually have lesson plans on there to go with different projects. How can you go wrong!

So. this holiday weekend break out a rainbow or two! Put paper tablecloths on the old picnic table. place boxes of crayons at both ends and watch what happens! Give kids paper plates to decorate before they put their food on it. They are non-toxic! Go Wild! I hope you all have a great holiday weekend!

I wish I could send you all a box of crayons....


No comments:

Post a Comment