Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Ghosts of Christmas Presents Past...

From "A Christmas Carol" Fezziwigs party
Ghosts are haunting me...

Day and night....

All day long I see them around me...

And all night long they whisper in my head...

It's coming! You can't hide from it. We are still here....

I only have to look at my calendar and there it is "Christmas"... It's just about three months away. And I am determined to rid myself of the Ghosts of Christmas presents past.

How did the ghosts become part of my household? Well, they started as good intentions, lovely thoughts, and pure unadulterated over simplification. You know what I mean.
Oh I'll make everybody mittens this year, I have plenty of time to knit mom a coat, and needlepoint that tablecloth for Aunt Jo! Oh you meant well, but really your husband was right when he said shaking his head "you'll never get all that done by Christmas." I hate to say it... He was right.

So now my house is swarming with ghosts of Christmas Presents past!

I must remove them to their proper owners! So I have made it my mission, and I am doing pretty well, to finish these ghostly projects and to turn them over to their proper owners with love on Christmas day. My crochet hook is warm and humming, and my knitting needles are smoking!

I have almost three months... I can do it.

Two down, fifty to go!

Ooooooooo!

Oh shut up!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment