Saturday, September 10, 2011

Never Forget.

Never Forget by Laurie A. Blair copyright 2011 
We are in Sara's hospital room at Strong hospital.

Sara has just received her Kidney transplant a few days past.

Watching good Morning America, when Charlie Gibson breaks into the story they are playing...

A plane has crashed into one of the Twin towers. They don't know why.

I call Andy at home who is caring for our other daughter who donated the kidney. she had been sent home the night before.
"Oh my God!" he says, "let me turn it on!" we hang up and I run down to get breakfast while we are waiting to be updated about what is going on. Sara has many tests today. I want to be ready. When I get back up in her room  no more than 7 minutes later I am stunned to see my daughter, tears dripping down her cheeks, "Mommy!" she says, "They are attacking us! " She points wildly at the TV screen.

Over the next few minutes Charlie Gibson explains what they know and they show the second plane going into the other tower. It's official, he says the United states is under attack.....

A few minutes later there is an announcement about security measures at the hospital, and what they will be doing. But all I can hear is the vast silence.... It went from a large booming hospital with many noises, to you could hear a pin drop if you had one to drop.

Andy calls, we talk and we all tell each other we love each other, I call my son at work and check on him, we also share our love.

You know how the rest of the day and all the days that followed went. I don't need to say more about them.
But the thing that still strikes me to this day was the silence.

It was Deafening!

It was terrifying!

There were no planes flying over head. cars drove quieter, people spoke to each other softly. It was so quiet you could feel it in your head and bones.

And that's when it came to me. This was what God meant "to be still and know..." "He is our God and he is with us." We are not alone.

We will never forget, NEVER!
And in the vast un-certain quiet that consumes us all during times like this. We must-

 Be still and know...

And don't waste a single opportunity, not ONE,  to share your love with each other .

I love you all!

God bless you...

No comments:

Post a Comment