Monday, August 22, 2011

Man oh Man!

Andy and James
These guys father and son, friends.

They are Gentle-men.

During both their life times they were teased because they didn't like baseball, or basketball, or any of that other sporty stuff. Oh they played them, but never really enjoyed them. Made my father in law crazy!
They walk, but don't go to the gym.
Andy hates rain, James loves it!
They both hate hot muggy weather... (so do I! for that matter!)

They both love science fiction, and they are both obsessive compulsive. The little picayune things, in things, drive them crazy. Because it must all stay exactly the same forever. They are both a little bit of a computer nerd.
Music and movies are very important hobbies for them both.

James is an Artist and likes gaming with his friends, and unlike Andy and I, but like his sisters he is good at making friends and keeping them.

Andy is quiet more of a loner. Happy with himself. He really doesn't need other people to amuse him. James can be like that. but he likes having friends around.

And I should mention, James gets me. My silly humor... Andy does sometimes, but not like James. I like that about my son.

Andy has me, I found him early. I accepted him for who he is, God I love him for who he is! The good and the bad.

What makes me sad is James has no companion, all the girls he dates end up being friends, they tell him he is too nice and they don't want to lose him as their friend.

 I think he is giving up...

I know what he is talking about though. I have talked to these girls. They want to date the bad boy. They are going to fix them. Yeah, and then they won't want them anymore. These guys are not dumb! These girls who end up being babies mama's to several different fathers kids. Because that child will tie the bad boy to them and then she will have what she wants? What? So sad! And believe me you will have that guy in your life forever as you work out custody arrangements and child support.

Where are the girls who are independent, confident, who want a gentle man to share their life, a partner, someone to appreciate them, not take them for granted. I keep telling James that he is going to find a girl who realizes she can be his friend and lover.

But, I am worried. I don't see a lot of these girls...

You have to know I am going to hear it from my son for speaking these truths. But I don't care!

I know a MAN who is kind, hard working since he was 16 years old. pays his bills. Likes to laugh, watch movies, and long walks. Who is an ARTIST and has an Artist soul. And he can sing wonderfully ( oh he is going to be so mad at me)! Who longs for a life companion.

I know I am not the only mother going through this. I have talked to many other moms. Do you have a gentle man searching? I say it is time we go out and knock some of these girls in the head! LOL! As if that would work!

Well I know she's out there. I just hope he doesn't give up before she finds him.

Because, I really love these Gentle Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment