Tuesday, November 15, 2011

That Happy Moment!


Just pure JOY!
Tonight I stopped and saw my Amigurumi girls on the way to work, and gave them all hugs!
We, Andy and I,  have had so many things going on  I have been unable to go to our Tuesday night meetings for many months... And I have missed them. I was so excited to go and see them. I did not care that I was in my work clothes or frumpy looking, I just could not wait to see them. We hugged, we laughed, we cried. And the moment was pure JOY!

We often don't appreciate these moments as much as we should. But things like the picture of my Mina above remind me to stop and be grateful for JOY!

Like that song that came on the radio, just when you needed to hear it. Or the friend who talked with you during the week, hugged you and encouraged you. And then just to top you off, sent you the most thoughtful card. JOY!

Sometimes it is strange moments that give you such abandoned JOY. Andy and I walking home from the store on a really hot summer day and we are grumpy and tired, suddenly the clouds open up and it begins to pour! What else could we do? We ran, half way home we were giggling and laughing so hard! By the time we got home we were soaked but the day had changed, JOY had come in and the rest of the day was just glorious!

Waiting for your children to arrive, or visa versa, your parents, on a holiday or any day. knowing you will get to have fun with them and share with them. Or every time your grandchild shouts, Grandma! Wow! Nothing better. This weekend for the first time our Ellie, who has been saying granpa for awhile ( don't ask), called me Gnma ma. My heart just sang!

In the Bible it talks of coming to Jesus as a child, I think on this earth we must meet JOY the same way... Makes sense as I truly believe  all  JOY comes from GOD.

To truly allow it to be a part of our lives we have to. We can't be afraid to share it, to do silly things when experiencing it,  to let go and be just in that moment, that glorious happy moment!

Today I experienced a JOY moment and it was wonderful!

I hope you find time in your busy week to have that happy moment of JOY!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment