Saturday, November 19, 2011

Snowflakes!

Snowflakes!
I must confess...I am so excited! It is my favorite time of year!

I love making paper snowflakes! Do you?

I  have loved it since I was a little kid, and I can't help it I still do!

You can tell which apartment is mine in the winter because I have the windows absolutely covered with them. I pick a day before Thanksgiving and cut them out for hours...Yippee! It is a blast! Then I cover my windows in them. It's absolutely beautiful!

I could pick a day when my husband isn't home, but I have to tell you, I love making him crazy with all the little paper bits. He is extremely obsessive compulsive and it drives him crazy all those little white bits on the floor. Hee hee... It's my way of getting him involved in the fun and used to the idea that this is a messy season, It reminds him that paper bits on the floor isn't the end of the world. So I will be doing it on Sunday afternoon! Poor guy....

My usual cue as to when to begin this tradition is after our first snowfall, that happened on Thursday night here. We were in Brockport, NY at Wendy's. Yum, their dollar menu is great! They have chili! Anyway, we had just sat down and all of the sudden people were Ooooing and Ahhhing all around us, it had started snowing! People even walked up to the window and were looking out excitedly. You would have thought there might have been a grumble or two, but nope. Just happiness and excitement!

I like living here for that reason. people get excited about the snow, and yeah there is some grumbling when it gets bad. But for the most part I see a lot of enjoyment. That's part of the Joy of living near the lakes.

So now it is time for paper snowflakes! Time to be creative and cut, and fold, cut and fold, and create paper masterpieces.... Hang them in your windows, I guarantee people will get excited! So will you. And it will be like experiencing that first beautiful snowfall again, and again!

Have fun! I know I will!

Snip snip!
Oh!


No comments:

Post a Comment