Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Splish Splash I was Taking a Bath!!!

Tweety!
Ahhhh, nothing takes away the aches of a long day like a bath...

With bubble bath and salts!

and a loofah!

Extra warm, hold the clock....

It can be really fun with the grandkids, splashing and hugging, shampooing each others hair and making shampoo coiffures! playing with toys and making barbies swim. toes and fingers turned into prunes.

Ahhh baths....Lovely

A lot of my first memories are of baths with my sisters, warm washcloths, and mom checking behind our ears to see if we got all the dirt. "there is so much dirt back there you could grow a potato!" she would say. For years I checked afraid one would actually grow there! Ha ha! Having my mom shampoo my hair. She scrubbed it so good!

My daughters still love a good tub, they will read in there for hours if they can. They have even grown on my husband. I honestly am not sure about James, but he used to like them a lot.

Now me...,

I like the sound the water makes, the way the tub sounds when you lay your head back on it and hum or sigh.  I like the feel of the soap in my hands, and the way my Ivory floats! The swish of the water.... The delicious scented steam rising to meet my nose.

I'll be honest there used to be a lot more room in my tub, and it was easier getting in and out than it is now a days. But I won't give my baths up if I don't have to. I am already planning ahead, looking at those walk in tubs. I know it will be different. But I will take that as compared to the option of no baths ever again.

Because really isn't taking a bath a little bit like visiting the womb again. I think that is why it feels so comforting and wonderful and renewing. I am pretty sure it is as close as we get to going back to the beginning on this earth. Showers are okay. A quick wet reminder, but a bath is a full blown experience. warmth, scents, cleansing, softening and rejuvenating!

Getting out and wrapping yourself in a warm towel and going to bed. I sleep like a baby.

Taking my grandchildren out wrapping them in a large warm towel and turning them into chubby little slugs and holding their sweet smelling bodies close and just cuddling. Putting them in their jammies, playing with their damp curls and tucking them in bed. Looking forward to tomorrow when they will inquire of me around 7pm "bath?"

"Oh Yes!" I reply " Let's go get the toys!"

I hope I never stop enjoying a bath...Living the joy of those sensations. Oh it's calling me now. It's been a long hard day. But I know I will feel much better soon.

Can you hear it? Bubble, bubble...Splish splash.

Go ahead! You know you wanna!
Tubbie time! Naomi, Bonnie and ME!


No comments:

Post a Comment