Monday, February 6, 2012

The Key...


Have you ever spring cleaned your home and found as the day went on you were just piling things up room by room, so frustrating! 


And you feel like you are getting no where until finally you got that "one" room done and all the others just started falling into place...


Then it is like things go at the speed of light from that point on. But until you got that "key" room done you were just on an uphill battle, getting nowhere. 


I find life is like that for me. I build up clutter. Job, relationship, spiritual, you name it... stuff!


Until finally I need to clean house.


I push things around until all the space is filled up, then I start trying to organize it into reasonable piles of stuff and put it away. I make myself crazy and frustrated. And it is just as I am stubbing my toe and dropping the pile of papers I have just finally sorted out, I cry out my pain and frustration! My husband will come and say "Do you need help?"


I bet you can guess my response...Maybe your response is similar?


"No!" "I'm fine!" 


But really, I am not.


Nope...


While I sit there holding my toe, tears squeezing out my eyes. I finally realize. I need help. I hate asking for help!


"Wait!"  "Come back please!"


I realize as he helps me pick up the papers and bandage my toe, that even if he isn't doing anything especially organizational, just having him there helps... I am less tired, I feel new ideas flowing through my mind. 
Why did I fight so hard against help? 


Allowing myself to rely on someone beside myself was the key! 


To step outside my area of control, and let go. To let someone else sit in the drivers seat, even if for a little while, restores me.


So should I be surprised when I take the time to stop and pray and turn all those piles of junk over to God that it helps? 


Really helps!


And yet every time, I struggle through trying to do it on my own. Until finally I am overwhelmed! Taxed beyond belief! Totally overwhelmed I will finally cry out for help....


Why do we wait to open that door? 


When we always had the "KEY." 


As spring gets closer I am making plans to clean my house. Both emotionally and spiritually. No more procrastinating! 


No more dilly dallying! 


"Jingle jingle..."


Ah! There's that "KEY!"


"Ahem, I could use a little help please..."



  

No comments:

Post a Comment