Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Am Not A Duck!

Big Duck!

I am not a duck! What do I mean by that? Well... I am not free spirited.
I can not run up to that cliff and jump off. I have to check a few things first, talk it over with Andy, the girls, you know my peeps! Hee Hee! Check the weather report...

Things like problems and meanness, like water on a duck, do not roll off my back. My poor husband Andy has to put up with me working through it by talking about it and talking about it. And talking about it! Like a duck, I do not quack like crazy and just get it all out. Nope...

I now realize,

I am a turtle.
Yup! sorry to say it, but I am. I internalize things. I Carry them around with me... Oh believe me I hate it. I wish I could just waddle away without a care in the world, But no, I store it in my shell, ponder it, carry it around for awhile before I let it go.

Everything is so serious for me. I guess it is because I put so much of myself into everything. As I have gotten older I am learning not to let other peoples opinions matter so much. I am more confident and know who I am and am proud of my accomplishments.

But I just can't seem to as it says in the bible" turn the other cheek." and accept another hit with a forgiving heart. I work on this all the time in my turtle way, plodding along carrying extra baggage, that I don't need, that weighs me down.

When really, I wanna be free!
Quacking up high!

Nope, I am not a duck...

I am a turtle, trying to grow a few feathers.

Ahem...Quac.. Qua...nope, still a turtle.

Here's me working on it and hoping we all find our inner duck.


No comments:

Post a Comment