Thursday, January 5, 2012

AHHH_CHOOOO!!!!!

I should have this posted all over my home!
I have a cold....

I get my flu shots every year and have had my Pneumonia shot also because...

I hate being sick!

Usually my husband brings one home and shares with me. Or my grandkids come and share their incubated viruses with me.

Problem being when I get sick, because of my lowered immunity, and I am getting older.
I get really sick!
Instead of a week, it's usually 3 weeks for me....

Yeah, I really hate being sick.  But I am my own worst enemy. I kiss my husband and then remember he is sick! " Oh no! I shouldn't have done that!" I say. Too late...
Same goes for the grand kids...

Oh, I remember to wipe down the shopping cart handle at the grocery store and to wear gloves at work and a mask at the doctors office. To use hand sanitizer when I am out and exposed to the public. But at home...

I forget all the rules... Voila! Ahhhhhchooo!

And as I am the caretaker of our family, I am also the one who for the most part must care for herself .
I miss the days when my mom or my grandma used to come and look after me. I can remember my grandma putting mustard rub on me.
Laugh if you will.
It really worked and it felt great! Chicken soup and game shows. Mom reading me a story, and sleeping on the couch, feeling her cool hand on my forehead as I slept... But those days are gone. They are just wonderful loving memories.

Now, I need to treat my home like I do when I am in public spaces.

When my hubby is sick either he or I will be wearing a mask, hand sanitizer will be strategically placed around my home and person. No kisses while he is unwell. Sorry Babe! These viruses are getting nasty and harder for me to beat. So... don't be surprised if you see me wearing a mask, or wiping my hands with sanitizer after I shake yours, nothing personal. I just don't want to be so sick anymore.

Maybe you need to post a few of these around your home. I think, when we are there, we are so comfortable and in our routines that we just forget. And I don't want to continue passing on these germs.

I have a daughter whose own journey to dialysis began with strep throat caught from a girl at school, who didn't want to miss the Christmas parties and came to school sick. Please keep your children home when they have fevers and are really sick. There will be other parties.... Please don't go to work if you can, and if you can't talk to your doctors office. They can provide masks for you. We've all got to start being more conscientious.

So here's me doing my part. Hopefully I have finally learned my lesson.

Ahhhhhchoooooo.... I am going to bed. With lots of water, tissue, hand sanitizer. turning on my humidifier. And dreaming of mustard rub and gentle hands.

I wish you all a virus free season.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment