Thursday, December 29, 2011

Top Ten Things I Learned from a Four Year Old This Week...

Mina, Asteroid Andy and ice cream!
Do you know that children have wisdom beyond their years, I do!

Mina brings it home for me every time we get together.


  1. This week I learned when somebody loves you they can kiss you as much as they need to.
  2. That when you miss Mom and Dad, you just do. And nothing makes it better... Not even grandma hugs...
  3. Toys are mostly made for playing with, sometimes you can only look at them ( like when you are eating dinner ). And sometimes they have to be picked up. But that God made them mostly for playing with.
  4. That a four year old can't get close enough, especially when you are napping with them. I have the bruises to prove it! Ha Ha!
  5. All songs are lull-a-byes. Really.
  6. That Monkey blankies , all special blankies for that matter, have a sweet spot. She showed me!
  7. Tubbies are better when they are shared. You can take turns washing the shampoo out of each others hair. As she stated, "How do I get by without her"?
  8. As long as there is Ice cream she will eat almost anything....
  9. That gummy bears can provide a fun bonding moment, that neither of us will ever forget!
  10. That explaining New Years day to a four year old is hard. It ended up being Earth's Happy Birthday Party day! Oh and that everybody is so happy they give each other kisses. Which brings me back to the beginning of my list.
I had to share my fun revelations with you all. Every time she comes to visit I learn something from her. Mostly I have learned to just let go. To pick my battles. And to enjoy every moment I can.
Most important to share every bit of love I can with her and her cousin Ellie.
I will not waste one moment I have on this earth to share with them. To learn from them. To love them.

Happy Earth's Birthday Party to you! Happy New Year! I hope it is a blessed one for you all...
Mina and Asteroid Andy


No comments:

Post a Comment