Monday, December 5, 2011

ROY G BIV!

Beautiful Rainbow!

I am a foolish woman...
At least that is what some people have called me.
A daydreamer, my head in the clouds...
Most of my life this name has been attached to me in an unflattering way.

They think I am not realistic.

I see reality every day, it strikes me in the face every morning when I wake up.
I see people struggling, hurting, hurting each other...

I watch the news.
I have troubles. Hurts, pain and sorrow...

But somewhere along the way, as a child,  I found a way to see hope!
Believe in love and forgiveness. To believe in the seemingly unbelievable. The goodness of mankind. Faith in an unseen God.

My favorite story in the Bible is Noah and the Ark.
Noah had faith, he saw something other people just couldn't see. They thought he was foolish. A daydreamer, totally unrealistic. I mean really, an Ark built in the middle of nowhere, no rain in sight!
But he saw the world in a different way. And God brought him into that world because he had Faith. Because he believed in what some said was unbelievable. Unrealistic!

In the past I let that reference to me as a daydreamer scar me.
Now, my scars are a badge of honor.

Yes, I have HOPE and FAITH, I see JOY and LOVE and FORGIVENESS all around . I see the goodness of man . I look at sunsets, and smiling children. I giggle and laugh and seek to help others find the same HOPE I find everyday.

Why do we feel the need to make people look at all the ugliness in the world? Why do we feel that if they are not wallowing in it that they don't get it? That they are foolish? Daydreamers....

I think a God that made a promise in a RAINBOW, and threw it across the heaven's for everyone to see, I think he wants daydreamers, believer's, hopeful people. People who see the colors of life and beauty that surrounds them as well as everything else.

Today, it rained all day, and I listened to everyone complain about the rain. The news, my husband, people at the store.

Me? I was the foolish woman at the window looking for the little bit of sun and a RAINBOW.

They are there. Keep looking....


No comments:

Post a Comment