Monday, October 24, 2011

Poof!....*



My granddaughters have a nut for their grandma. Oh, I admit it. Mina will say to me" let's play grandma!" and I will say "sure!" a sneaky smile on my face. She will bring me something from her toy box. A Barbie perhaps. And I will say "oh! hang on a minute you forgot something honey". Reach into her toy box and pull out the gold magic wand she has in there. Turn around and *Ting* I say "poof your a frog!" as I tap it on her head.

"Grandma! no more poofing me!"

"What did you say?" I reply. "Poof me more?"

*Ting* "poof your a frog!"

Smiling she will reply "grandma no more poofing me!"

"Oh, Okay..." I say feigning great sadness.

Dragging my wand I say "Let's get you some juice."

As she comes around the kitchen door, *Ting* "poof your a frog!" as I tap her on the head.

"Grandma, I said no more poofing me!" and she tries to get the magic wand from me.

"You said no more poofing you in the living room, not the kitchen..." says I.

This can go on for a while. we giggle and romp and tickle, then I ask questions, "what would you want the magic wand to really do"? She thinks for a minute. "make people be nice". A girl at school had been mean to her and we talked about it. "What else?" I ask "fix mommy..." she replies. "Yeah, we both want that one... "and all sorts of other things. When we are done. she curls up on my lap and says, "can you POOF me more grandma"? "Sure" I reply. The wand already in my hand

Yeah I am a nut, but a smart nut. Our little game opens a door so she can tell me all her secret thoughts and concerns, and wishes. And we have a whole bunch of fun.

The last time Ellie was here she brought me some blocks and I said "oh my, you forgot something..." Grabbed my wand and *Poof!* she ran away giggling.

 Oh this is going to be fun!

Break out your magic wand! You never know what you might find in there or what magic it can perform... *POOF!*



No comments:

Post a Comment