Monday, October 3, 2011

Angels All Around Us!

Heavenly Chorus
I am always surprised by the phenomenon of Angels.

They are all around us.

I see them so often.

In so many situations.

Many of my friends have experienced their help in their lives as well, and they always feel so blessed by their presence.
I know many doubt...., but I have seen too many things that cause me to believe.

I know they are sent for comfort and aid. Sometimes just for knowledge and strength of purpose. Sometimes they come in human form, sometimes in a feeling.
Sometimes in utter quiet.
Sometimes even in their true form.

They have a powerful presence. I do not know many who would turn them away. In the bible Abraham saw them coming and immediately sent a servant to make a tent, a place of comfort and rest for them. Sarai his wife, not realizing they were Angels sent by God, laughed when she heard them tell Abraham she would have a child. She was in her 90's at the time. I bet she looked back with wonder when she found out she was pregnant!
Sometimes you don't recognize them till after they have left your presence...but you quickly realize  you have just entertained Angels.

I have seen them in perfect strangers who have just what you need when you are at the end of your rope in a horrible situation. The person that came with a winch on their car to pull you out of the ditch when you had no money and no idea what you were going to do. Who followed you home to make sure you were safe and  you never saw them again. How they happened to be on that desolate patch of road in a violent snowstorm you'll never know?

The doctor who figured out just what medicine your daughter needed to stay alive, who had nurses and doctors talking to them very respectfully and practically begging to help them. But when you went to search for them and thank them the next day the hospital has no idea who they were or what you are talking about.

Or that voice, that dogs you, that pressured feeling to get out of a place, to move , or whatever, that saves you from death or serious injury.

Or after a day of utter devastation and tears, falling asleep in a ball, lost, alone, that sudden feeling of being carried up to a higher place wrapped securely in loving arms to beautiful warmth , only to wake up in the morning renewed and full of hope. That doesn't just happen. I know what a blessing is...

I know that these are the times that God has sent his angels near to earth for us. And if you think about it, I am really sure you have experienced the presence of an angel  at least once in your life.

This week Angels were encountered by me and a few others I was with. You know who you are and what I am talking about.
I just needed to acknowledge them, and the blessings God sent them to bring.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment